White Ant Control
Protection and Treatment for White Ants
Worried about white ants damaging your property? These pests cause millions of dollars in structural damage to properties in Australia every year. Eco Pest Control Brisbane offers long-term protection with our quality white ant control solutions. This includes inspections, barriers and baiting systems.
White ants are chewers and they have a fericious appetite for wood and anything made from timber. As they live in large colonies it means if you find one, there are many more in hiding. It’s important to protect your property with annual inspections to keep these pests out. If you have found evidence white ants have invaded your home, you need to act right away. These small pests can cause serious structural damage if left untreated. Contact Eco Pest Control Brisbane to talk with a white ant control expert and be termite-free.
We offer white ant treatment throughout Brisbane Northside and Southside as well as Ipswich and Toowoomba.
What Are white ants?
White ants also known as subterranean termites are small eusocial insects that feed on wood. This pest is from the of the Blattodea order and the Isoptera infraorder. It’s interesting to note that termites actually evolved from cockroaches by acquiring the unique ability to digest cellulose. Cellulose is the the main compound in plant cell walls (and wood), and the most abundant organic molecule on Earth. No wonder we consider white ants to be such an abundant insect group and enemy of any homeowner whose hosue is made from timber. White ants aquird their name due to their physical similarities to ants, not because of their genetics. There are around 360 species if termites in Australia. The three main types are subterranean, drywood and dampwood. These are the most common pest species found in Australia.
Types Of White ants
Subterranean Termites Coptotermes Acinaciformis
This white ant has a pear shaped head and smooth mandibles, and has a body up to 7mm long. They are warrior termites and will produce a white sticky liquid to defend the colony, and they mostly nest in dark and cold spaces beside houses. They need to have a steady moisture supply and security, and most of the time they are subterranean.
Drywood Termite Cryptotermes Brevis & Incisitermes species
These drywood termites are an invasive species native to South America and are a very serious threat to Australia. It is a drywood termite that can infest small pieces of timber that can be moved around, so they will be spread very easily. These colonies are about 1000 individuals in total and several colonies can exist near one another in the same piece of timber. If your house has drywood, they will certainly invade your home.
Dampwood Termites Termopsidea
This species likes building nests in rotten wood. Light brown with some reddish in colour towards their abdomens. Their preference is rotten, damp or decaying wood above ground.
Risks of Infestation
White ants can be extremely damaging to your property. They are a serious risk as can damage walls, roofing, timber frames and the structural integrity of your house. Thankfully they are not inherently dangerous to people.
Signs You Have Infestation
- Sightings – Tunnels in wood, damaged timber, frass or discarded wings
- Smells – Smell of mould, mildew or rotting timber
- Sounds – Clicking sounds (called headbanging) coming from inside the roofing and walls…
How To Control White ants
If you are concerned you may have white ants on your property we recommend to book book a pest inspection immediately. Our trained inspectors use the latest moistire meters and thermal imaging cameras so the pests have nowher to hide. Our white ant control is suitable for both commercial and residential properties.
- Barriers and Baiting Systsems – The best way to remove white ants is to make sure that they cannot get into your home. A barrier is a soil treatment around your home with termiticides to stop the invasion of subterranean termites.
- Inspect – You can also inspect the wood, either by yourself or with the aid of a contractor, and can treat the wood directly. If it cannot be treated it can be destroyed.
- White ants traps or bait can also be used to draw termites in and then expose them to foods or sprays that will send the termites back to their nests with it. Then the poison will spread and also kill all the other termites.
- Call a Professional Pest Controller – Call upon a professional white ant specialist if the damage is severe. They will help you discover the source of the white ants and help you eradicate them and protect your property from future outbreaks.
Why Choose Us
- Queensland Health Licensed Pest Technician
- QBCC Licensed for Chemical Treatment
- Trained and Experienced Timber Pest Technicians
- Commercial Pest Management and White Ant Control
- $20 000 000 Public Liability Insurance
- 20 Yrs Experience
- 100% Satiafaction Gaurantee
- Eco-Friendly Bait Products
- Free Quotes
- On-Site White Ant Inspection
- Barrier of Baiting Protection Treatment
- Prevention of Future Outbreaks
- Residential and Commercial Treatments
- Brisbane City CBD
- Northside Brisbane
- Southside Brisbane
- Brisbane East and West
- Gold Coast
Talk with us at Eco Pest Control for free advice. We offer effective white ant control solutions with guaranteed results.
Speak to our friendly staff today.
Call us on 07 3184 8488.