Spider Control Experts
Spider Prevention and Management
Are you having a spider problem?
We provide professional spider control services throughout South East Queensland. Spiders tend to keep to themselves, spinning their webs and crawling about, but in some cases they can be pests that mess with your home and your life. Here’s how to identify an eight legged araneina so they don’t crawl into the rafters of your home.
What Are Spiders?
Spiders are 8 legged arthropods that have both fangs that inject venom and spinnerets that will extrude silk. This allows the pest to spin their trademark webs, and despite being very unique they are also very diverse when it comes to their species. They’ve also been able to live on every continent except for Antarctica, and are carnivorous creatures that feed on the prey they trap inside of their webs. If you start seeing evidence of webs you should consider professional spider control.
The Mouse Spider (Missulena Occatoria)
They are about 35mm in size, are dark brown to black in colour, and live in small burrows that allow them to ambush and also overpower much larger prey. Their venom has never killed a human, but if you happen to be bitten by a mouse spider, you need to seek medical attention immediately.
Red Back Spider (Latrodectus Hasseltii)
As the name suggests the red back has a distinctive red marking on its back that makes the otherwise all black arachnid very easy to see. The Female of the species is the biggest and tends to be a ground spider, catching and eating prey much bigger than itself. The males are smaller and live for about 6 to 7 months, while the females tend to live for two to three years.
Harvestman Spider (Phalangium Opillo)
This brown and cream colored species has about a 1/8th inch to 3/8th inch sized body, and they are able to both climb trees and hunt on the ground. They feed on various bugs, and the females lay only one batch of eggs.
How To Control Spiders
In order to make sure they are not crawling into your home and spinning webs, you can use these spider control techniques:
- Seal up your home, making sure that all cracks, crevices, and openings are fixed up.
- You can collect them carefully from their webs and then deposit out in the garden
- You can place fitted screens on all your windows to prevent the insects they eat from getting into your home. If the food doesn’t get in, the spider won’t have any cause to breed
Why Choose Us
- 100% Satisfaction
- Strong Knowledge of Habitats and Breeding
- Spider Control Experts
- 20 Years Experience
- Fully Qualified and Trained
- Reliable Team – We Turn Up On Time
- Competitive Pricing
- Free Advice
- Poisonous Spider Professionals
- Treatment for Redbacks, Huntsmans and Dandy Long Legs
- Proven Chemical Treatments If Required
- Pest Treatment Packages For Homes and Businesses
- Prevention Methods for long-lasting spider removal
- Brisbane City
- Brisbane Northside
- Brisbane Southside
- Brisbane East & West
- Toowoomba, Ipswich, Gold Coast and Tweed Heads
Get Your Free Quote
We offer no obligation free recommendation and treatment advice. Speak to our friendly team today about any issue you are having.
Phone Us Today: 07 3184 8488