Expert Flea Treatments
Do you have pets with a flea problem? Fleas can be annoying for both humans and animals. If you have a flea outbreak you will need a professional flea control service to eliminate the problem. Eco Pest Control Brisbane off a range of flea control services at affordable rates throughout South East Queensland.
Fleas mostly target pets like cats or dogs. They usually don’t bite humans but if they do it can cause irritation, red marks and even infectious disease. Continuously itching and scratching on flea bites can lead to skin allergies.
We service all of Brisbane metro including Northside and Southside suburbs.
End Of Lease Flea Treament
Did you know rental agreements require s pest control service with flea treatment to be completed when moving out? Real estate agents often request only internal areas be treated but sometim you will also need to treat all external areas of the property. This service is often called an end of lease flea treatment or pest control. The residential tenancies authority lists it on their website as part of mandatory guidelines when ending a lease agreement. It’s important to note that only Queensland Health licensed pest control technician can legally perform an end of lease pest control treatment for fleas in a rental property. We always recommend to do the cleaning before doing pest control so the chemicals don’t get washed off and becoming inactive. Call Eco pest Control Brisbane today to get a free flea removal quote.
What Are Fleas?
Fleas are very well designed and equipped to survive as long as possible when it comes to being on your pet. They have large heads with sharp spikes that can pierce the skin of their prey and start sucking out blood. Despite most of them being extremely small, they can make life itchy and miserable for your pets.
Cat Fleas (Ctenocephalides Felis)
The Cat fleas are 3mm long wingless ticks that get around mainly by jumping, and they are unable to know if a host is suitable for their blood until they bite the host. If it is not, then they will leap off the host. Otherwise, they will nest where their host nests.
Dog Fleas (Ctenocephalides Canis)
These creatures actually feed on cats and dogs, while only occasionally biting humans. They can also cause dog tapeworms that can also affect humans. Moreover they can move easily through the fur of acat or dog, and hang onto the animal even during grooming. Amazing they can also jump six inches.
Bird Flea (Ceratophyllus Gallinae)
The fleas can breed a lot in hen houses, which is where they get their name. They live in and feed off of bird nests, and can only live for a short time indoors. They can breed during the nesting period whenever the birds and their hatching babies are available for blood meals. If the birds ever move from the nest, then the fleas will need to find a new host.
A flea is capable of carrying and transmitting potential illnesses to humans. These include the plague and typhus. They can also transmit “cat scratch disease” (infection with Bartonella) to cats who can potentially spread the disease and infect humans.
Common Signs of Flea Infestation
If you have a pet there is a higher chance you will experinece a flea infestation at some time. It’s always a good idea to perform regular checks on your cat or dogs fur and apply a home flea treatment every month.
- Having Pets – Fleas prefer to live on animal than humans. Always chek your pet for fleas.
- Bites – Either yourself or your pet may experience small bites that become itchy
- Returing from Holidays – Sometimes when we are away on holidays fleas can hitch a ride back in our belongings and onto our bed.
How To Control Fleas
Below are some sure-fire ways to help control flea outbreaks in Brisbane.
- Flea Collars – These are common if you can’t use the oral medication.
- Oral Flea Treatment for Pets – There are now talbets l;ike nexgard, frontline and advocate dogs and cats
- Flea Bombs – They can be bought in supermarkets or hardwares. Be sure to leave the areas after setting off the flea bomb.
- Cleaning – Regularly wash all your bedding and sheets. Fleas love living in and around beds of humans and our pets. Cleaning is one of the best ways to make sure that a flea infestation of your home is nipped in the bud. You should bathe pets thoroughly with soap and water, and ideally use soap that is used to deal with these pests.
Continue to clean and treat your home as well, cleaning all cloth areas and places where your pets spend the most amount of time. These include beds, cloth toys, and other items that your pets use. Follow up treatments to kill them at the different stages of their life cycles, because what works on adult ones might not harm eggs and pupae.
Why Choose Us
- A proud member the Australian Environmental Pest Managers Association
- Licensed and Highly Trained Pest Control team
- 20 Yrs Experience in Pest Control
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Fully Insured by Rapid Insurance
- Economical Pest Control with One Year Guarantee
- High-quality flea control services at reasonable prices.
- Eco-friendly products
- Internal and External Flea Control for domestic homes
- Post-treatment Recommendation and Follow ups
- Flea Control Management Program for Businesses
- Modern Technology and Equipment
- Brisbane CBD
- Northside Brisbane
- Southside Brisbane
- Brisbane East & West
- Toowoomba, Ipswich
- Gold Coast. Tweed Heads and Northern NSW
Make an appointment now and we’ll get rid of your bug problem.
Call us on 07 3184 8488.