Flea Control Experts
Expert Flea Treatments
Protection and Removal of Fleas
Are you experiencing irritations due to flea bites? Eco Pest Control Brisbane will conduct flea control services that ensure best result.
Fleas might be a pest for your pets, but they can also mess with you if you are not careful when it comes to keeping them away. Fleas are very small pests, but thankfully there are some ways to keep them off your pets!
What Are Fleas?
Fleas are very well designed and equipped to survive as long as possible when it comes to being on your pet. They have large heads with sharp spikes that can pierce the skin of their prey and start sucking out blood. Despite most of them being extremely small, they can make life itchy and miserable for your pets.
Cat Fleas (Ctenocephalides Felis)
The Cat fleas are 3mm long wingless ticks that get around mainly by jumping, and they are unable to know if a host is suitable for their blood until they bite the host. If it is not, then they will leap off the host. Otherwise, they will nest where their host nests.
Dog Fleas (Ctenocephalides Canis)
These creatures actually feed on cats and dogs, while only occasionally biting humans. They can also cause dog tapeworms that can also affect humans. They are able to move easily through the fur of an animal, and hang onto the animal even during grooming. They can also jump six inches as well.
Bird Flea (Ceratophyllus Gallinae)
The fleas can breed a lot in hen houses, which is where they get their name. They live in and feed off of bird nests, and can only live for a short time indoors. They can breed during the nesting period whenever the birds and their hatching babies are available for blood meals. If the birds ever move from the nest, then the fleas will need to find a new host.
How To Control Fleas
- Cleaning is one of the best ways to make sure that a flea infestation of your home is nipped in the bud. You should bathe pets thoroughly with soap and water, and ideally use soap that is used to deal with these pests.
- Continue to clean and treat your home as well, cleaning all cloth areas and places where your pets spend the most amount of time. These include beds, cloth toys, and other items that your pets use.
- Follow up treatments to kill them at the different stages of their life cycles, because what works on adult ones might not harm eggs and pupae.
Why Choose Us
- A proud member the Australian Environmental Pest Managers Association.
- Economical Pest Control with One Year Guarantee
- 20 Yrs Experience
- High-quality flea control services at reasonable prices.
- Eco-friendly products
- Internal and External Flea Control for domestic homes
- Post-treatment Recommendation and Follow ups
- Flea Control Management Program for Businesses
- Modern Technology and Equipment
- Brisbane CBD
- Brisbane Northside
- Brisbane Southside
- Brisbane East & West
- Toowoomba, Ipswich
- Gold Coast. Tweed Heads and Northern NSW
Make an appointment now and we’ll get rid of your bug problem.
Call us on 07 3184 8488.