Treatment for Ant Infestations
If you have an ant problem at your home you need a pest control company to treat them. At Eco Pest Control Brisbane we provide a range of ant control treatments to repel ants for good. Our pest technicians have over 20 years experience in ant removal services. Although ants may look harmless, once you have an entire colony in your home it becomes harder to get it under control. By using a range of baits, trasp and gels our pest tecnnicians can eliminate all species of ants. In Queensland the most common species include Coastal Brown and Carpenter ants. For more stubborn ant problems we can use a powerful chemical like Termidor. We also offer an environmentally friendly non-toxic ant control treatment that is 100% safe for children and pets. For the most effective long term results you need to employ more integrated pest management strategies like practising good hygience and sanitation practises. Whatever prevention strategy you prefer we can tailor a customised solution for your property. Call Eco Pest Control Brisbane today for a free quote.
What Are Ants?
Ants are one of the worlds strongest creatures in terms of size. Lifting 50 times their body weight they are very strong. Their body has an elbowed antennae and a node like structure that forms their waist to separate the two segments of their bodies. They have an exoskeleton as well as a very structured social hierarchy, with Queen ants ruling the colonies and the various worker and warrior ants completing their roles within the colony. They also can be found on all continents except for Antarctica. Most of them are omnivorous opportunists that will eat both plant and animal matter.
The most common ants we see in Brisbane are the carpenter ant, coastal brown ant, bull ant, black house ant, garden ant and Odorous House Ant.
Carpenter Ants (Camponotus)
These species are reddish black in color and can be found in various parts of the world, and they have built their nests outdoors inside of wood sources.
They will often invade houses if there is no wood outside, and will tunnel through the wood to make their nests inside of their house.
Fire Ants (Solenopsis)
These red types are very noticeable when it comes to their looks, as they are bright red with black thoraxes. Their bites tend to burn like fire and are very painful whenever you get bitten by several of these crawlies at once! This species is managed by Biosecurity Queensland.
Risks of Infestation
Although they are small in size, some ants pack a powerful punch. Such as the bull ant. It has a painful sting but rarely causes serious side effects. Some people are allergic to ant bites so if you have a problem call 000 immediately and ask for an ambulance.
- Health Risks – An ant bite can really hurt. They can aslo spread diseases.
- Property Damage – They can build nests inside your walls and cause serious property damage is left unchecked. White ants or termites as they are commonly known cause millions of dollars in damage to properties every year. If you notice a problem it’s time to call an ant control professional.
- Appliance Damage – Internal wiring can be eaten and destroyed by hungry pests.
- Food Spoilage – They can easily nest around open food items and food that is left out.
Signs of Ant Infestation
- Sightings – seeing ant trails inside or touside your home is sure sign you have an ant infestation.
- Nests – Big or small nests can look like a small pile of dirt.
- Wood Shavings – Carpenter ants and termites love eating wood. Seeing sawdust or shavings is a red flag and a sign you should have a trained professional check your property.
Ant Control Tips
The following tips are for diy ant treatment to remove them from your property. If you don’t want to pay for pest control, you can make your own remedy try a mixture of water and vinegar. Spray of this mixture and they will die.
- Inspect Your Property – A thorough pest inspection to checking all areas including roof voids and sub floor areas to find the infestation.
- Identify Species – Once you know the type of ant you can choose the right treatment based on their behaviour.
- Locate the Nest – Some nests are easy to find mounds in the yard, and others will nest inside of your walls.
- Cleaning and Hygiene – Remove anything that might be attacting them such as food and water. Always clean up after preparing food.
- Call a Trained Professional – If you are unsure and diy treatments arent working call a professional pest controller to help.
Why Choose Us
- Licensed Pest Control Techncians
- Commercial Pest Management
- Fully Insured
- 100% Job Satisfaction Guarantee
- Friendly and Welcoming Staff
- Provides Integrated Pest Management Solutions
- Competitive Pricing
- Ant Removal and Pest Control
- Indoor, Lawn and Funnel Species
- Residential and Commercial Pest Management
- Inspection and Thorough Monitoring of Infestations
- Brisbane CBD City
- Northside Brisbane
- Southside Brisbane
- Brisbane East & West
- Gold Coast
Looking for the best solution to end your problem? Eco Pest Control Brisbane can ant-proof your house and protect your family.
Call us on 07 3184 8488.