Mosquito Treatment and Pest Prevention
Brisbane has the perfect climiate for breeding mosquitoes. Queeensland’s warm sub tropical weather and coastal mangrove swamps provides a hotspot for mosquito problems. You will notice this pest more during dusk and dawn as the direct sunlight can dehydrate and kill a mosquito plague. Their bites can lead to virus infections which can be harmful to humans and animals. Skin irritation such as itchiness, inflammation or redness are also symptoms of bites. This is why having proper mosquito control and prevention strategies is important for any home.
If you notice a mosquito plague in your backyard it’s time to call in a professional pest control company. We provide a range of treatments and barriers to block their entry.
Eco Pest Control Brisbane provides mosquito control services for all domestic and commercial properties. It’s important to note our mosquito treatment isn’t covered by our 12 month warranty. However we can give you our limited warranty covering you for 1-3 months. Our treatment includes spraying and misting mosquito hiding places in gardens under eaves and around backyard furniture. The chemical is UV and rain resistant and helps eliminate mosquito breeding grounds.
We service all Brisbane Northside and South subside suburbs including Ipswich and Toowoomba. Call our trained and experienced pest control technicians today to remove unwanted mosquitoes.
What Are Mosquitoes?
Mosquitoes are flying insects that can be found worldwide and most of them suck blood from warm blooded creatures. Mosquitoes are part of the fly family and they are armed with a long proboscis that allows them to pierce the skin of their prey and then start feeding on their blood. Most mosquito species feed on the warm blood of animals, but a few do feed on the blood of humans. Interestingly, only the females will suck blood, while the males tend to use their proboscis for flowers like other insects do.
Today the chances of geting sick in Queensland are very small. In terms of health risks mosquito bites can can transmit various diseases including Ross River fever, dengue and malaria. Luckily most areas dont local transmission the Zika virus in Australia. However some parts of Central and North Queenbsland do have the Aedes aegypti mosquito that carries the virus. We also have the Barmah Forest virus. This is transmitted by only in Australia.
Signs You Have a Mosquito Infestation
- Water – They like water because mosquito larvae and pupae live around water with little flow disturbance
- Sounds – You hear a contsant buzzing sound
- Bites – You notice you’re gettin mosquito bites
- Scratching – If you get itchy you may have been bitten
- Sightings – A sure sign you have an mosquito infestation is seeing them during morining or eveninga
How To Control Mosquitoes
- Mosquito repellent – The best way to keep them from feeding on you and causing those itchy red bites. Whether you use something natural or use a commercial brand of repellent, it can really help.
- Remove Water – You can also remove standing water from fountains and birdbaths, which can be a breeding ground for this pest and also a source of water for their pupae.
- Attract Birds – You can insert a birdhouse to attract birds, which will eat these annoying insects and keep them away from your yard.
- Install Flyscreens – Keep your yard mosquito-free by using bug screens and a lack of outside lighting at night.
Why Choose Us
- Licenced Pest Control Technicians from Queensland Health
- Public Liability Insured
- 100% Gauranteed Job Satisfaction Everytime
- Range of Eco Friendly Treatments and Prevention Plans
- 20 Yrs Pest Control Experience
- Fully Qualified and Trained in Mosquito Removal
- We arrive on time or we’ll notify you of any delays
- Competitive Pricing
- Free Quotes
- Mosquito Barriers
- Affordable Mosquito Control Treatment
- Prevention of Future Outbreaks
- Modern Technology & Equipment
- Commercial and Residential Pest Treatment Packages
- Brisbane CBD
- Northside Brisbane
- Southside Brisbane
- Brisbane East & West
- Gold Coast
- Tweed Heads and Northern NSW
Speak to our friendly team today for free mosquito control advice or to schedule your job.
Call us on 07 3184 8488.