Effective Treatment for Silverfish
Are silverfish invading your home? Eco Pest Control Brisbane are highly trained and experienced in silverfish control.
Silverfish are not fish themselves, but instead they have a silvery and also fish like shape. They have also been called ‘bristletails’ with their three long bristle-like appendages on the end of the body. If you don’t want these Silverfish swimming around your home and causing you trouble, here is everything you need to know about them.
We have over 20 year experience in the pest control industry and understand how silverfish thrive. We privde a range of safe and effective pest treatment to effectively remove silverfish so they are no longer a threat. If you want to treat a silverfish problem contact Eco Pest Control Brisbane and we will provide you with a free quote.
Our pest controllers service all of Brisbane Northside and Southside. We also operate in Ipswich and Toowoomba in Soth East Queensland.
What Are Silverfish?
These fish like insects are surprisingly beautiful to look at, but that doesn’t mean that they are not pests at all. They are found in the moist and humid areas of your home and will often try to hide their presence from humans. These pests are able to run quickly and scuttle into various places, and you will be able to see them in places like basements and attics. If it is a humid or wet environment, then you will more than likely find them there.
Types Of Silverfish
Four Lined Silverfish (Ctenolepisma quadriseriata)
The four black lines running down the back of this silverfish certainly makes it easy to see. It is half an inch long and likes being in warmer temperatures than the common silverfish. They will be found in high humidity areas that also have access to cellulose for a food source.
Giant Silverfish (Ctenolepisma Longicaudata)
This giant pest ranges in size from three quarters of an inch to one inch in length. They typically have a grey color rather than having a silvery sheen than others. It also prefers hotter temperatures, high humidity, and cellulose as a food source.
Firebrat (Thermobia Domestica)
This type has colors that tend to go from moderate to a very dark gray. They like to live in really hot areas, including furnaces and boilers, especially if you have a moist area there.
Risks Of Infestation
Luckily silverfish don’t bite or spread serious disease. But they can damage property if left untreated.
- Clothing, Books and Paper – Be careful to protect any valuable clothes or paintings as they can chew through them
- Food – The can go through your kitchen cabinets and spoil food items.
- Predators – They may bring other predators into your home like spiders, ants and cockroaches.
Signs Of Silverfish Infestation
Below are some common signs you may have an infesfation in your house.
- Sightings – If you see one silverfish there are many hiding. It;s time to call a silverfish control expert.
- Droppings – they look like small peppercorns normally found in vcupboards, boxes, bags or drawers.
- Property Damage – They love eating paper and fabric so be sure to look after and protect your valuables
- Moult – If you see cast skin anywhere it could be the pest moulting
- Holes – A tell-take sign if silverfish infestion, hoiles in items of clothing or discarded paper
- Yellow Stains – They are known for leaving stains with a yellow tint on clothes.
- Dark Areas – Check dark moist areas. Like most common household pests, they thrive in these areas.
How To Control Silverfish
There are many at home remedies to control these little pests. If you find they aren’t working it might be time to hire a pest control company to do it for you.
- Clean Up – Remove unused paper, cardboard and books. The love eating paper so if you remove their food source they will be less lilely to infest your home.
- Dehumidify – Take a look at the dark, hot, and moist areas in your home and inspect them for feeding marks of the silverfish. If the infestation is widespread throughout these areas, you need to take a look at all of these items that are stored at your home’s exterior. A dehumidifier will help remove moisture from the air.
- Seal Gaps – The rule applies fo all pests. Seal up any gaps or cracks where a pest can access your house.
- Look high up – These pests are climbers, so they will climb up anything to get into your home. Clean and inspect these places, and check for the signs of these creatures.
- Hire Pest Control Professionals – If IDY methods are not getting he results you desire consider payng for a professional exteminator who understand how to remove Silverfish
Why Choose Us
- Licensed and Trained PMT Pest Management Technicians
- $20 Million Public Liability Insured
- 20 Yrs Experience
- Fully Qualified Silverfish Control Technicians
- Recommendations Post-Treatment
- Prompt, on-time arrival with a smile
- Complete Elimination is Guaranteed
- 100% Satisfaction Gauranteed on every job
- Effective Treatment Plan for Controlling Silverfish
- Prevention of Future Outbreaks
- Modern Technology & Equipment
- Effective Pest Control Services for Homes and Business
- Brisbane CBD and all Inner City
- Brisbane Eastern and Western
- Brisbane Northside
- Southside Brisbane
- Gold Coast
- Tweed Heads and Northern NSW
Speak to our friendly staff for a free quote and recommendation for removing silverfish in your property.
Call us on 07 3184 8488.