Silverfish Control Experts
Effective Treatment for Silverfish
Effective Silverfish Treatments
Are silverfish invading your homes? Our certified technicians are equipped with knowledge and industry experience on silverfish control.
Silverfish are not fish themselves, but instead they have a silvery and also fish like shape. They have also been called ‘bristletails’ with their three long bristle-like appendages on the end of the body. If you don’t want these Silverfish swimming around your home and causing you trouble, here is everything you need to know about them.
What Are Silverfish?
These fish like insects are surprisingly beautiful to look at, but that doesn’t mean that they are not pests at all. They are found in the moist and humid areas of your home and will often try to hide their presence from humans. These pests are able to run quickly and scuttle into various places, and you will be able to see them in places like basements and attics. If it is a humid or wet environment, then you will more than likely find them there.
Types Of Silverfish
Four Lined Silverfish (Ctenolepisma quadriseriata)
The four black lines running down the back of this silverfish certainly makes it easy to see. It is half an inch long and likes being in warmer temperatures than the common silverfish. They will be found in high humidity areas that also have access to cellulose for a food source.
Giant Silverfish (Ctenolepisma Longicaudata)
This giant pest ranges in size from three quarters of an inch to one inch in length. They typically have a grey color rather than having a silvery sheen than others. It also prefers hotter temperatures, high humidity, and cellulose as a food source.
Firebrat (Thermobia Domestica)
This type has colors that tend to go from moderate to a very dark gray. They like to live in really hot areas, including furnaces and boilers, especially if you have a moist area there.
How To Control Them
- Take a look at the dark, hot, and moist areas in your home and inspect them for feeding marks of the silverfish. If the infestation is widespread throughout these areas, you need to take a look at all of these items that are stored at your home’s exterior.
- These pests are climbers, so they will climb up anything to get into your home. Clean and inspect these places, and check for the signs of these creatures.
- You can also use a dehumidifier to make the area less appealing to them as well.
Why Choose Us
- Complete Elimination is Guaranteed
- More than 10 Yrs Experience
- Fully Qualified Silverfish Control Technicians
- Recommendations Post-Treatment
- Prompt, on-time arrival with a smile
- Effective Treatment Plan for Controlling Silverfish
- Prevention of Future Outbreaks
- Modern Technology & Equipment
- Intensive Pest Control Services for Home/Business
- Brisbane CBD
- Brisbane East
- Brisbane West
- Brisbane Northside and Southside
- Toowoomba, Ipswich
- Gold Coast. Tweed Heads
Speak to our friendly staff for a free quote and recommendation for removing silverfish in your property.
Call us on 07 3184 8488.